Race 31 - P24

Brown had a difficult Qualifying session on Saturday and missed the shootout and began Race 31 from P17.

On the race start, Brown had a flyer and made up two spots before he made his way into Turn 5.

Pit stops started at the end of lap 8, and it was 1 lap later that the #9 driver stopped for fresh rubber and fuel.

Unfortunately, four laps later Brown made another unscheduled stop after his power steering failed heading into the beach chicane, hitting the tyre bundle on the way through and drove back to pit lane for repairs.

With only 20-minutes to get the car out and reach the minimum required laps, the crew got the car back out on lap 42, now 15 laps down.

Brown stopped for the final time on lap 62 of the race, before reaching the checkered flag on lap 85 and finishing P24.

Race 32 - P11

At the start, Brown got a flyer of a start and jumped up two spots to P12 before the first chicane.

Golding collected the tyre bundle on his way through the back section and moved it onto the circuit, Will clipping it on the way through but only collecting damage to his front bar.

The incident caused a red flag and cars parked up on the grid for around 30-minutes while cars were collected from the carnage.

Racing went green again on lap 8 and it was one lap later that Brown took his first Compulsory Pit Stop from P10 for fuel and tyres.


It wasn’t until lap 60 that the field had completed their second stop and settled, with Brown sitting in P12.

Randle’s car stopped on track with 15 to go and bunched the field up for the final run home, Brown pulled up behind Pye as the went into the final corner, though a light tap sent the #20 into the wall, and though the contact was unavoidable it ultimately handed him a 15-second time penalty after the flag.

The punishment dropped Will to P12 at the end, but he was promoted to P11 when Anton DePasquale was disqualified from the race.

Brown will return to the track for the final round of the Championship, the Adelaide 500 on 1-4 December.